Looking for more inspiration? Then you came to the right place.
- www.crazyguyonabike.com This is one of our most visited websites. It contains journals of touring cyclists from all over the world. We use it quite a bit especially in those long, cold winter nights. It is a great source of inspiration to both of us.
- www.trentobike.org This is another great site for inspiration. Here some of the journals are in different languages.
- www.travellingtwo.com is a great site with a lot of information about bicycle touring. A must read for everyone that’s into touring.
- www.adventurecycling.org Loads of information on touring.
- www.cyclingeurope.nl We have used his route for our tour 2006 Maastricht to Barcelona. Very good and accurate books. We
- www.cyclingdutchgirl.com This girl’s courage and sense of adventure is phenomenal, we really enjoy following her as she travels the world. A great inspiration. A must see is the video/slideshow she’s created in Australia, Waltzing Matilda. Makes us want to just pick up our bikes and hit the road. Just brilliant.
- www.loadedtouringbikes.com Here is a large gallery of fully loaded bicycles from around the world. They will only accept bicycles that are fully loaded, with front and rear panniers. Check it out and post a picture of your loaded bike. My bike is number 19 from my first tour in 2005 and Monique’s is number 111 from our tour in 2007 to Freiburg and back.
- www.velo-touren.ch We met this likeminded young man on our way to Barcelona. An inspiration to all, we hope he never stops touring.
Looking for a chat room to ask questions and/or find answers? Here a couple of places that we check out.
If you like to look for places to stay for “FREE” than check these out.
- www.warmshowers.org Hospitality for cycling tourists. It’s free but donations are accepted.
- www.couchsurfing.org Hospitality for travelers, cyclists included.
Camping in Europe? Here’s where we look for them.
- www.eurocampings.nl This is the ACSI camping guide. Comes in different languages and has loads of rated camping’s around Europe.
- http://en.camping.info This has a lot of rated and unrated camping’s around Europe. It has many small municipal camping’s that ACSI does not.
- http://maps.me Even though this is a map software it shows many camping’s. We have used it extensively on our last tour Italy, Austria and Germany. Highly rated, extremely useful.